Saturday, July 21, 2012

New Best Time


Supposedly the L98 c4 is plagued with false knocks so at some point GM produced a replacement Knock Module that was less sensitive. Through some cross referencing online I found a new knock module for $30 from rockauto. Install took 30 seconds and then I decided to perform a very scientific test known as "seat-of-the-pants." In all honesty I thought it made the car worse. However my car consistently managed 100mph trap speeds at the track with shitty launches. Temps were slightly cooler then my other runs but its safe to say it didn't hurt the performance of the car.

My first launch being my only good one and best to date resulted in a new best time 13.675. Woot!


This car is awesome!!!! The aero body looked extremely well designed, nicely tight and compact too. Center lock wheels FTW. However I don't understand why this guy just sat in the pits tightening the odd bolts here and there and not even attempting to drive the car.


These guys just spent the evening hiding but there was plenty of nice cars on the track to provide apple action.